The Law Offices of Barton Morris firm is a fast growing, fast paced law firm, who is seeking a talented Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate has three or more years of bookkeeping experience and loves this line of work. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, multitasking, team player who works well in a fast paced environment, and is looking for a place to call home. This position is within the corporate finance and accounting team and performs administrative accounting and clerical functions with support and direction from the CFO.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. Consistent error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of the job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
- Record and maintain financial transactions: Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Enter client expenses in the customer management software.
- Track and reconcile trust account transactions.
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit card accounts, and vendor accounts.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close.
- Work with CFO on various accounting projects as needed.
- Provide clerical and administrative support.
- 5+ years Bookkeeping experience
- Strong QuickBooks Desktop experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in QuickBooks Desktop
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- A strong work ethic
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work independently and problem solve on the go
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members
- Self motivated and takes pride in a job well done
- Solutions oriented attitude with a desire for accuracy
- $25.00 - $30.00/hr.
This is a part-time position, working 3 days per week, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Compensation, Benefits and Bonuses
The firm uses a performance based compensation model. Base compensation will increase commensurate with a candidate’s experience. The base salary is earned when the minimum levels of performance are achieved. When KPIs have been exceeded, bonus compensation is then earned; the amount of which is commensurate with the value to the firm. A full benefit package is included which includes health & disability insurance, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Office Work Environment
The firm currently resides in Class A fully renovated office space located in downtown Royal Oak in close proximity to several retail and restaurant destinations. We have a private parking lot and work in a private office which maintains about 15 employees therein. Employees and clients love our office space, which is representative of our success. The firm fosters a team culture and encourages the building of friendships between team members outside of work. The firm maintains an annual golf outing, hosts several team building activities and holiday parties.
The firm is very selective when adding team members. It is important that we take the time to ensure the right mutual fit. All elected candidates will undergo a comprehensive selection process. Selected candidates will undergo cognitive and behavior assessments, a screening interview (Zoom), a focused interview (in person) reference checks and the CEO interview (in person). For consideration, all candidates must deliver their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must include the candidates name followed by the name of the role you’re applying for. -Marketing Assistant